The budding trees and blossoming flowers are telltale signs that, at long last, the first days of summer are nearing. The Memorial Day weekend is on everyone’s mind – soon enough, school will be out and summer vacation will begin! Celebrate the changing season with a cheese board featuring raw honey and apricot jam, or a simple Three-Cheese Flatbread with olive oil and fresh basil. Spring’s recipes are easily attuned for summer – whether making a light weeknight meal or bringing along on a summer picnic.
- Wisconsin Three-Cheese Flatbread – by our guest blogger, Rachel, of Elephantine Blog – a simple treat and family favorite.
- Wisconsin Cheddar Jack Grilled Cheese with Charred Onions & Guacamole – featured on Foodie website, TheKitchn, for National Grilled Cheese Month.
- Sweet Potato-Cheddar Grilled Cheese – created by MacKenzie of Grilled Cheese Social, this grilled cheese is a new and slightly healthier variation of the classic.
- The Sophia Grilled Cheese – standing out with sautéed Swiss chard, shallots and crisp apples.
- Spring Cheese Board – a colorful combination of Wisconsin Cheddar-Blue, Brie and Gouda.
- Wisconsin Mascarpone Yogurt and Blackberry Apple Crumble – sweet in the morning or as dessert.
- Honey & Roasted Garlic-Baked Brie with Baguettes – a savory prelude to dinnertime.
- Wisconsin Mac and Cheese – the addition of buttery Wisconsin Mascarpone makes this version extra creamy.
- The Rosalie Grilled Cheese – bright roasted carrots and farmers’ market pesto add lots of spring flavor.