by Taylor from Taylor Takes a Taste
This summer, The Cheese & Burger Society is sponsoring a series of weekly guest posts bringing you lots of great backyard barbeque and grilling tips from around the country to celebrate the return of the Green Bay Packers Football Sweepstakes! Be sure to enter at CheeseAndBurger.com for your chance to score the MVP prize package worth $8,500. Also, enter the weekly Football Fanatic Giveaway on The Cheese & Burger Facebook Page for your chance to win multiple prizes, including an authentic Packers helmet or elite jersey.
Taylor, from Taylor Takes a Taste, has shared three essential tips to make your game day grill out a success. And in his new book, available beginning August 5, you will find 110 vibrant recipes inspired by southern football culture. Read on to learn his tips and find out how to enter to win your copy of The Southern Tailgating Cookbook.
- Not sure if your grilled items are done? Bring a meat thermometer to your tailgate or backyard barbecue. By testing your burgers while they’re still on the grill, you can ensure that every guest’s burger is cooked to their desired doneness and that each is cooked through to a safe temperature of 160°F.
- At your tailgate and throughout the game, you will need a cooler to keep your drinks and uncooked food cool. To prevent your uncooked grill items from contaminating your drinks, try to pack two separate coolers. In one cooler, you can have your drinks and ice. In a separate, smaller cooler, store your raw meat. This two-cooler approach will keep both items cold and prevent contamination of your beverages!
- Burgers are perfect for tailgating — they can be eaten while standing up and can easily scale to feed any size crowd. At your next tailgate, plan on setting up a burger bar where guests can top burgers with anything they want. One of my favorite burger toppings is Pimento Cheese, like Martha’s from Mighty Fine Food. If you are cooking multiple meals throughout the day, use the sides from your lunch meal as the topping for your evening burger meal. Between a variety of delicious sides, condiments and grilled patties, you can’t go wrong!
Giveaway: Tell us your favorite tailgating spot and you could win Taylor Mathis’s The Southern Tailgating Cookbook.
How to Enter:
Leave a comment in the section below telling us where your favorite tailgating spot is.
- Giveaway ends Friday, August 9, at 11:59 p.m. EST
- One entry will be chosen at random as the winner
- Winner will be notified by email
- One entry per household; United States only
- Winner receives one copy of The Southern Tailgating Cookbook