by Paula of Bell’alimento
Holiday parties are in full swing. We absolutely love entertaining at our home both during the holidays and throughout the year. No matter what type of soirée we’re throwing (from casual to formal), a must do for us is to have appetizers for our guests ready as soon as they arrive. It not only gives them something to munch on, but also allows us the extra time needed to put the finishing touches on our meal.
One of our signature appetizers and something that we serve at every gathering is a variety of cheeses, fruits and meats on a serving board. These boards are a snap to pull together, and all the foods on the board can be tailored to go with whatever drinks you’re serving.
Today our pairing is a 4-year Wisconsin cheddar with scotch. Ours is a spicy dry scotch. We’ve paired it with a selection of salami, red grapes, whole walnuts and stone-ground mustard. If you want more substantial nosh, just add a baguette.
Cheese Cupid Giveaway: $25 Worth of Wisconsin Cheese & a Set of Whiskey Rocks!
Here’s your chance to make your own drink and cheese pairing at home with our giveaway of $25 of Wisconsin cheese and a set of whiskey rocks, like the ones pictured above. To enter, visit the Cheese Cupid Facebook page and leave a comment telling us 1.) which drink you would pick from the Cheese Cupid Pairing Tool to pair with Wisconsin cheddar, and 2.) who you would share your pairing with if you win?
Full Contest Details:
How to Enter:
The giveaway is open for entry from Dec. 28, 2014 through Jan. 3, 2015.
- Visit the Cheese Cupid Facebook page
- Leave a comment on the post featuring the pairing above that includes:
- Which drink from the Cheese Cupid Pairing tool you would pair with Wisconsin cheddar
- The name of a friend you would share the prize with if you won
- Entrants must be U.S. residents aged 21 or older.
- Entries are limited to one per household.
- One entry will be chosen at random as the winner.
- Entry period ends Saturday, Jan. 3, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.
The winner will be announced within the same Facebook post on Jan. 6, 2015.