We don’t need much of an excuse to put together a tasty cheese board, but the first day of spring is a pretty great one. With five Wisconsin cheeses and the freshest fruits and vegetables, you’ll want to serve this all season long.
This Seasonal Spring Cheese Board includes:
• Herbed Wisconsin Ricotta – Dress up Wisconsin ricotta cheese with chopped fresh chives, scallions, mint and dill (1 tablespoon each per 16-ounce container). Add a little salt, and you’ve got the easiest dip ever. Pair it with blanched asparagus and sugar snap peas, radishes and more scallions.
• Wisconsin Horseradish Havarti – Creamy Wisconsin havarti and the fresh spiciness of horseradish are a match made in cheese heaven, and this cheese is the perfect pair for smoked salmon, capers and green olives.
• Wisconsin Feta – The briny tanginess of Wisconsin feta is another great pairing for fresh spring vegetables. Or, sweeten it up with a dab of honeycomb (regular honey works great too).
• Wisconsin Parmesan – Every cheese board should include a variety of not only flavors, but textures too. Aged Wisconsin parmesan adds a nice contrast, nibbled on its own or with a drizzle of honey.
• Wisconsin Blue Cheese – Don’t forget a wedge of Wisconsin blue! Go for a creamy blue and pair it with fresh spring strawberries and walnuts.
What cheese pairings or recipes have you most excited for spring? Tell us in the comments!